Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Broken?

For the last few days I have gotten bits of scripture, wisdom for the soul.

Proverbs 18

1 Unfriendly people care only about themselves;
they lash out at common sense.

2 Fools have no interest in understanding;
they only want to air their own opinions.

3 Doing wrong leads to disgrace,
and scandalous behavior brings contempt.

4 Wise words are like deep waters;
wisdom flows from the wise like a bubbling brook.



Psalm 29

A psalm of David.
1 Honor the Lord, you heavenly beings;
honor the Lord for his glory and strength.
2 Honor the Lord for the glory of his name.
Worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness.

3 The voice of the Lord echoes above the sea.
The God of glory thunders.
The Lord thunders over the mighty sea.
4 The voice of the Lord is powerful;
the voice of the Lord is majestic.
5 The voice of the Lord splits the mighty cedars;
the Lord shatters the cedars of Lebanon.
6 He makes Lebanon’s mountains skip like a calf;
he makes Mount Hermon leap like a young wild ox.
7 The voice of the Lord strikes
with bolts of lightning.
8 The voice of the Lord makes the barren wilderness quake;
the Lord shakes the wilderness of Kadesh.
9 The voice of the Lord twists mighty oaks
and strips the forests bare.
In his Temple everyone shouts, “Glory!”

10 The Lord rules over the floodwaters.
The Lord reigns as king forever.
11 The Lord gives his people strength.
The Lord blesses them with peace.


On to me, I was sitting on the back porch today looking at all the green trees in bloom, stems and shoots pushing forth and it hit me. I couldn't even really remember what it looked like before. There was so much life in bloom, how could I keep focus on the dry and barren any longer.

Then I heard, "All things new." In an instant, I saw the seasons pass again. The joy of life and Summer, the sadness of Fall, the coldness of Winter, and I thought, "Why do we become so saddened in the process of life?" I cried inside. For I feel pain, I feel sadness, I feel those who can't go on. I feel the hurt of a generation, locked in the lies of their own soul. I can see Jesus, spit on by the very people he was sent to serve.

As I go through the agony of this hour, I recognize the purposes yet to be fulfilled. The beauty of His Holiness. The splendor of His Majesty. Eyes have not seen, nor ears heard...

No comments:

Post a Comment